Who was Mejhor Morta and how is he connected to Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen? – The Sun

THE body of Pvt. Mejhor Morta was found near a lake around 20 minutes from Fort Hood military base in Texas last Friday.

His body was the third discovered near the Texas base in recent weeks, as authorities work desperately to investigate the killing of soldier Vanessa Guillen.

Who was Mejhor Morta?

Morta was listed as being from Pensacola, Florida, the Army Times reported.
He joined the army in September 2019.

Morta had been stationed at Fort Hood’s 1st Battalion, 5th Cavalry Regiment, 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division since May of this year.

He worked as a Bradley Fighting Vehicle mechanic.

What happened to him?

Military officials on Tuesday identified Morta's body as another that had been found near the military base.

His body was discovered on July 17 near Stillhouse Lake, which is 20 minutes from Fort Hood.

"The Black Knight family is truly heartbroken by the tragic loss of Private Mejhor Morta," the soldier's battalion commander, Lt. Col. Neil Armstrong said in a statement on Tuesday.

"I would like to send my heartfelt condolences to his family, friends and loved ones.

"My thoughts and prayers are with them during this difficult time. Private Morta was a great Trooper and this loss is felt by every member within our formation," he added.

Are there any suspects?

Little information has been released thus far regarding the discover of Morta's body.

The Bell County Sheriff's Department is currently investigating the incident.

It's unclear if Morta's death is linked with the deaths of Guillen, or Pvt. Gregory Morales, 24, whose body was also found as authorities searched for Vanessa.

A spokesperson with the sheriff's department did not immediately respond to The Sun for comment.

What happened to Vanessa Guillen?

Authorities have been working to determine what exactly happened to Vanessa since she disappeared from her work at the military base on April 22.

After more than two months of searching, Guillen's remains were found in a shallow grave on June 30.

Guillen family attorney Natalie Kwaham said the Guillen was bludgeoned to death with a hammer in her armory, chopped up with a machete, and later encased in concrete.

Kwaham said Vanessa's body was so badly dismembered that investigators couldn't use dental records to identify her – and instead had to use samples from her hair and teeth.

Federal and military investigators said Vanessa was killed and dismembered by fellow soldier Aaron David Robinson, 20, who killed himself shortly after authorities tried to contact him about the murder.

Local civilian and Robinson's girlfriend, Cecily Aguilar, 22, was charged with allegedly helping him mutilate and dispose of Vanessa's remains.

She was charged with with three counts of conspiracy to tamper with evidence.

Aguilar plead not guilty to the charges.

Guillen's family believes Robinson was sexually assaulting her.

They have demanded a Congressional investigation into the incident.

Source: Read Full Article