What is Joe Biden's executive order on ghost guns?

PRESIDENT Joe Biden is expected to announced new gun control measures on Thursday, April 8.

Biden's latest executive order will aim to trickle down on gun violence that has plagued the nation in recent weeks.

What is Joe Biden's executive order on ghost guns?

The presidents firearms crackdown is expected to include curbs on "ghost guns" and concealed assault-style weapons.

The White House released a statement outlining six initiatives on April 7, beginning with directing the Department of Justice to regulate "ghost guns" within the next 30 days.

Ghost guns are homemade or makeshift firearms that often lack serial numbers and tend to be hard to track.

The DOJ will be expected to issue rules meant to curb the production of these gun-making kits.

He will also ask the DOJ to regulate concealed assault-style firearms within 60 days, according to the White House.

"The alleged shooter in the Boulder tragedy last month appears to have used a pistol with an arm brace, which can make a firearm more stable and accurate while still being concealable," the statement said.

The Biden administration has been under increasing pressure to regulate guns after there were three separate mass shootings in the US during the second half of March.

How many mass shooting were there in March 2021?

There was a reported three mass shootings in the second half of March that left over 20 people dead.

On March 16, shooter Robert Aaron Long is accused of having gunned down eight people at three different massage parlors in Atlanta.

Long was charged with eight counts of murder and one count of aggravated assault.

Less than a week later, Ahmad Alissa stormed through the King Soopers grocery store with an AR-15 style rifle and killed 10 people in Boulder, Colorado.

Alissa has been charged with 10 counts of murder in the first degree.

On March 31, Aminadab Gonzalez allegedly stormed into an office building in Southern California and killed four people, including a nine-year-old boy.

Gonzalez has since been charged with four counts of murder, one count of attempted murder and two counts of attempted murder of a police officer.

Was there another mass shooting in South Carolina?

FORMER NFL defensive back Phillip Adams shot himself after gunning down a doctor who treated him and slaughtered the medic's family in another horrific mass shooting.

Adams, who previously played for the San Francisco 49ers, shot himself after gunning down Dr Robert Lesslie, his wife and two grandkids in South Carolina, police sources said.

The source said Phillips killed himself after midnight on April 8 with a .45 caliber weapon.

Adams, 33, played for multiple teams including the Seattle Seahawks and the Atlanta Falcons after starring at South Carolina State.

He also suffered multiple injuries in the NFL, including concussions and a broken left ankle.

The York County Sheriff’s Office said they had searched for hours before finding the suspect in a nearby home.

The York County coroner’s office said the 70-year-old doctor, and his wife, Barbara Lesslie, 69, were pronounced dead at the scene along with grandchildren Adah Lesslie, 9, and Noah Lesslie, 5.

A fifth victim, James Lewis, 38, from Gaston, was found dead outside. Authorities said he had been working at the home when he was shot.

York County Sheriff’s Office’s spokesperson Trent Faris said a sixth person was hospitalized with “serious gunshot wounds.” Their condition is unknown.

Source: Read Full Article