Tucker Carlson announces he is 'relaunching his show' on TWITTER
‘It’s filthy…and utterly corrupt’: Tucker Carlson takes aim at Fox News as he launches new Twitter show and says the news business ‘misleads’ the public and if you tell the truth ‘you will be fired’
- Tucker Carlson announced in a video posted to Twitter Tuesday that he is relaunching his show on the platform
- In a three-minute long video, he slammed the mainstream media and said anyone who tries to tell the truth ‘will be fired’
- Sources have previously said the former FOX News host is preparing for ‘war’ as he fights to be released from his $25million-a-year noncompete clause
Tucker Carlson has announced he is relaunching his show on Twitter – just two weeks after being fired by Fox News.
The ousted television host made the announcement in a three-minute video posted to his Twitter page on Tuesday in which he slammed the mainstream media and said anyone who tries to tell the truth ‘will be fired.’
‘The best you can hope for in the news business at this point is the freedom to tell the fullest truth that you can, but there are always limits,’ Carlson told his fans.
‘If you bump up against those limits often enough you will be fired for it. That’s not a guess, it’s guaranteed.’
He posted the video along with a tweet saying: ‘We’re back.’
Sources close to Carlson have previously said that the former FOX News host is preparing for ‘war’ against the network as he fights to be released from his $25million-a-year contract that prevented him from joining rival networks or starting one of his own.
But the network says it will not change a thing about its programming, even as viewers flock from the conservative news station.
In a three-minute long video posted to his Twitter, Tucker Carlson announced he is ‘relaunching his show’ on the social media site
In his video on Tuesday, Carlson hit out at the mainstream media — and took aim at his former employer for his sudden firing last month.
‘You often hear people say the news is full of lies, but most of the time that’s not exactly right,’ he begins. ‘Most of what you see on television or read in the New York Times is true in the literal sense.
‘But that doesn’t make it true,’ he said.
‘At the most basic level, the news you consume is a lie — a lie of the stealthiest and most insidious kind.’
Carlson then went on to say that the mainstream media is misleading people ‘in every story that matters, every day of the week, every week of the year,’ and said that after more than 30 years in the news industry he ‘can tell you stories.’
‘The best you can hope for in the news business at this point is the freedom to tell the fullest truth that you can, but there are always limits,’ he said.
‘If you bump up against those limits often enough you will be fired for it. That’s not a guess, it’s guaranteed,’ he said in a thinly-veiled reference to his sudden ouster.
He then continued to say that the system is ‘filthy’ and ‘utterly corrupt.’
‘You can’t have a free society if people aren’t allowed to say what they think is true,’ Carlson said. ‘Speech is the fundamental prerequisite for democracy.
‘Amazingly, as of tonight, there aren’t many platforms left that allow free speech,’ he continued. ‘The last big one remaining in the world, the only one, is Twitter, where we are now.
‘Twitter has long served as the place where our national conversation incubates and develops,’ he said. ‘Twitter is not a partisan site, everyone is allowed here, and we think that’s a good thing.’
But, he said, the media ‘gatekeepers are still in charge,’ and he hopes to change that.
‘Starting soon, we’ll be bringing a new version of the show we’ve been doing for the last six-and-a-half years to Twitter,’ Carlson finally announced, vowing that more information will be forthcoming.
It was previously reported that Carlson had a sit-down meeting with Twitter CEO Elon Musk (pictured over the weekend)
The announcement comes just days after it was revealed that Carlson had a conversation with Twitter chief Elon Musk about working together.
Sources close to Carlson also said he was considering building a direct-to-consumer media outlet, where his millions of fans could pay to watch him, and was being recruited by networks like Rumble and Newsmax.
It also comes as Carlson is said to be fighting his contract with FOX News, under which he agreed to a $25 million noncompete clause.
His attorney told Axios over the weekend: ‘The idea that anyone is going to silence Tucker and prevent him from speaking to his audience is beyond preposterous.’
Friends and sources close with the former FOX News host added that his allies at rival platforms were preparing to attack the network.
‘They’re coming to him and saying, “Do you want me to hit FOX?”‘ an unidentified close friend of Carlson’s told the outlet.
‘He’s been saying, “No I want to get this done quiet and clean.”
‘Now, we’re going from peace time to Defcon 1,’ the friend said, explaining: ‘His team is preparing for war. He wants his freedom.’
Another source close to Carlson added that Carlson ‘knows where a lot of bodies are buried, and is ready to start drawing a map.’
Axios reports Carlson cannot join a rival news organization or start one of his own under his $20 million a year contract with FOX expires in January 2025 (pictured Rupert Murdoch, who owns FOX News, with his sons James and Lachlan in 2016)
Following Carlson’s dismissal from FOX, its ratings have slumped as fans of the firebrand presenter left the network in droves
The shocking decision to fire Carlson on April 19 came just six days after Fox settled with Dominion Voting Systems for $787.5 million.
Since then, a slew of rumors pertaining to his dismissal have emerged. They span from claims over Carlson’s texts that emerged in the wake of the lawsuit, including some in which he claimed he hated Trump.
There were also rumors Carlson may have been fired over a gender discrimination suit filed by a former female booker on his show.
It has also since emerged that Carlson sent an incendiary text message the day after the January 6 storming of the Capitol – which the board of Fox News learnt about on the eve of their defamation trial.
But following his dismissal from Fox News, their ratings have slumped as fans of the firebrand presenter left the network in droves.
Still, FOX News Channel is not expected to change its ‘successful’ programming.
‘There’s no change to our programming strategy at FOX News,’ CEO Lachlan Murdoch reportedly told analysts on Tuesday.
‘It’s obviously a successful strategy, and as always, we are adjusting our programming and our lineup, and that’s what we continue to do.’
Source: Read Full Article