Toddler in hospital after gran feeds him hand sanitiser thinking it’s baby food

A toddler was rushed to hospital after his gran fed him hand sanitiser she thought was baby food.

The 18-month-old suffered a reaction after consuming the product, and had to be taken to hospital in an emergency.

His mum, Nikki Teixeira, has warned other parents to stay vigilant after the family suffered the horrifying experience.

Little Logan "immediately turned red and started coughing" after he swallowed the Trolls germ killer, reports Mirror Online.

The concerned parent, from Manitoba, Canada, told Good Morning America how she'd bought the sanitiser for her stepdaughter, aged 7, to take to school.

After little Logan had eaten some his grandma realised what it was before calling her neighbour and then 911 because he became a "little bit dozy and out of it".

Ms Teixeira said within five minutes he was "falling asleep", although was fully alert again by the time paramedics arrived who took him to hospital as a precaution.

The mum shared a snap of the Trolls World Tour pouch online on August 25 warning parents against buying the product.

  • Bungling pensioner mistakes slush machine for hand sanitiser in awkward CCTV

"Please DO NOT buy these cute hand sanitizer pouches from Wal-Mart that can easily be mistaken for a food pouch," she wrote in a Facebook post.

"It is my hope to warn others of this misleading packaging. Ultimately, I would like to see them off the shelves completely."

The package contains a small warning, saying: "Do Not Eat"

Smart Care, the company behind the product, has since removed the item from shops, reports ABC News.

"As safety is our No. 1 priority, we have switched out this packaging for our bottled hand sanitizer to eliminate any misconception or concern," the company spokesperson told the news outlet.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has a regularly updated do-not-use list regarding hand sanitiser at www.fda.gov/handsanitizerlist.

Source: Read Full Article