School shooter’s parents met with teacher about behaviour before killing spree

A teenage boy opened fire on his Michigan high school just hours after he and his parents met with teachers to discuss his behaviour.

Ethan Crumbley appeared in court yesterday accused of murdering four classmates and injuring at least eight more, including a teacher, during his rampage.

Crumbley, who has been charged as an adult, faces one count of terrorism causing death, four counts of first-degree murder and seven counts of assault with intent to murder.

Investigators are still trying to determine a motive for the shooting at Oxford High School, according to Sky News.

But Prosecutor Karen McDonald said prosecutors were "confident" they could demonstrate the crime was premeditated.

McDonald said: "There is a mountain of digital evidence. Videotape, social media, all-digital evidence possible."

Sheriff's Lieutenant Tim Willis told a judge that Crumbley recorded a video the night before the violence in which he discussed killing students.

Earlier, Oakland County Sheriff Mike Bouchard told reporters that Crumbley's parents were called to the school on Tuesday "for behaviour in the classroom that was concerning".

Hours later the shooting occurred.

According to testimony, Crumbley entered a bathroom with a backpack and exited with a semi-automatic handgun and ammunition – opening fire on students in the hallway.

Deputies rushed to the school around lunchtime and captured Crumbley within minutes of the shooting.

It was revealed that his father had recently purchased the 9mm Sig Sauer gun used in the attack.

In total four teenagers were murdered. 17-year-old Justin Shilling who died at McLaren Oakland Hospital, 16-year-old Tate Myre who died in a patrol car on the way to A&E, 14-year-old Hana St Juliana and 17-year-old Madisyn Baldwin.

Authorities were made aware of posts Crumbley shared on social media that said there had been threats of a shooting at the roughly 1,700-student school, but Mr Bouchard said they didn't know about the rumours until after the attack.

"The person that's got the most insight and the motive is not talking," he added at a news conference.

He said that Crumbley had no previous run-ins with his department and he was not aware of any disciplinary history.

The campus was placed on lockdown during the attack, with some children sheltering in locked classrooms.

Footage captured by a student also showed people huddled under desks. They were later taken to a nearby grocery store to be picked up by their parents.

Isabel Flores, a 15-year-old, told WJBK-TV that she and other students heard gunshots and saw another student bleeding from the face. They then ran from the area through the rear of the school, she said.

A teacher who received a graze wound to the shoulder was taken to hospital but has now left.

Seven more students ranging from 14 to 17 remained in the hospital through the night with gunshot wounds, Mr Bouchard said.

Keep up to date with all the latest news stories. by signing up for one of Daily Star's free newsletters here.

Source: Read Full Article