Another 151 people died with coronavirus in the UK on Sunday – the highest number of daily deaths in months – with cases rising by 19,760.
The UK’s current estimated Covid-19 R number was between 1.2 and 1.4 at the end of last week, a drop from 1.3-1.5 in the previous week.
Meanwhile, countries in Europe are taking drastic steps to tackle the second wave of coronavirus sweeping the continent, with Spain set to declare a six month state of emergency including overnight curfews between 11pm and 6am.
- UK sees 151 die with coronavirus as cases rise by 19,790
- ‘Fresh plans being made for stricter tier 4 restrictions’
- Spain set to declare six month state of emergency including overnight curfew
- Frontline NHS staff to receive coronavirus vaccine ‘within weeks’
- ‘People will die’ if households mix at Christmas, scientist warns
Source: Read Full Article