THE names of four missing people – who could match the bodies found at a burnt out mill – have been revealed.
Police confirmed this evening the identities of the Vietnamese nationals who are suspected to have been in the devastating blaze at Bismark House Mill in Oldham, Greater Manchester, in May.
Fire crews took four days to extinguish the inferno when it broke out months ago, but it wasn't until recently that demolition workers made the grim discovery.
Police declared a major incident at the site of the mill after the bodies were found.
Since then teams thoroughly searched the damaged mill and specialists confirmed the recovery of human remains – although they have not yet formally identified the three victims.
However, the bodies are thought to belong to Cuong Van Chu, Uoc Van Nguyen, Duong Van Nguyen and Nam Thanh Le, who were reported missing to Greater Manchester Police on July 21.
Read more UK News
Furious Amazon staff walk out after 35p pay rise from billionaire Jeff Bezos
Mystery humming noise plaguing village for 2.5 years leaves boffins baffled
The four men's families back in Vietnam had not heard any contact from them since before the devastating fire.
Dad Cuong, 39, kept in regular contact with his wife and children after arriving in the UK in June 2019.
But the family had not heard from him since Saturday May 7 – the date of the blaze.
Uoc, who was 31, also last spoke to his wife on May 7, when he told her he was in a mill.
Most read in The Sun
Loose Women star Carol McGiffin shows off shock new look – but there's a twist
Loose Women star secretly signs up for Strictly Come Dancing
Cheryl shows off her TINY waist as she poses with The Greatest Dancer pal
Moment 'traumatised' Kem Cetinay takes call by car after fatal crash
A 29-year-old Duong, who only arrived in the UK approximately a year ago, hadn't contacted his family in the last three months either.
The last thing he'd said was that he was living in "an abandoned house" while looking for work.
The youngest, Nam, 21, arrived in the UK in January and likewise last contacted his family at the start of May.
He told them at the time that he was residing in "a derelict house" in "Dam" – believed to be Oldham – whilst looking for work.
Detective Superintendent Lewis Hughes, GMP’s Victim Identification lead, said: “Our thoughts remain with Cuong, Uoc, Duong and Nam’s loved ones.
"Specially-trained officers have been in direct contact with them and continue to make every effort to ensure they are fully updated and supported in Vietnam, as they would be in the United Kingdom.
“We are continuing to search Bismark House Mill to ensure the recovery of all human remains and any objects of significance.
"Meanwhile, the investigation team is following several lines of enquiry relating to the fire and activities at the mill beforehand.
“Though we have reason to suspect that Cuong, Uoc, Duong and Nam may have been in the mill during the fire, we are keeping an open mind with regards to how many people were present and their whereabouts.
"I, therefore, appeal to them or anyone with information about their whereabouts before or after the fire to contact us. I stress that their safety and welfare is our number one priority.
“We also continue to appeal for information about the fire or activities at the mill beforehand.”
Anyone with information should contact Greater Manchester Police via 101 quoting Operation Logan.
Read More on The Sun
I got 0.5mm of lip filler but regret it so much, I look like a duck
Mum-of-22 Sue Radford shows reality of motorhome holiday with her kids
In an emergency, always dial 999. Information can also be submitted in English or Vietnamese via the Major Incident Public Portal: Public Portal.
Anyone who would like to remain anonymous can share information via the independent charity – Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Most read in News
Husband, wife and son shot dead in ‘neighbour row’ as gunman arrested
Tributes to schoolboy, 14, killed in fairground accident after 'being crushed'
Archie Battersbee’s mum may have to give son mouth-to-mouth if oxygen stopped
I own 'rip-off' Mykonos bar – I’m sick of influencers looking for free meals
Source: Read Full Article