Ex-soldier charged with murder after couple ‘killed over parking row’

Don’t miss a thing by getting the Daily Star’s biggest headlines straight to your inbox!

An ex-soldier has been charged with murdering a married couple after a reported argument over parking spiralled out of control.

Collin Reeves, 34, remained in custody last night after IT teacher Stephen Chapple, 36, and wife Jenny, 33 were found with serious knife injuries at their home in the Somerset village of Norton Fitzwarren.

Mr Reeves, whose name was revealed tonight, is a former commando Royal Engineer and is understood to have moved into the property next door with his wife Kayley Louise and his two children three years ago.

Police officers have confirmed that two children were found asleep upstairs in the same house where their parents were found dead, according to SomersetLive.

Neighbours have also suggested they had been involved in a row about parking with other residents in the months before their deaths.

Doorbell footage appears to show an altercation occurring at Chapple's front door in which Jenny is called a "cheeky little b****".

Residents from the new-build estate on Dragon Rise have expressed their shock at the violence and described their area as 'quiet'.

Although parking rows are understood to be common on the estate because of narrow and limited parking spaces.

The two children who were found in the property are said to be unhurt but distressed.
It's believed they were sleeping at the time when their parents died.

One neighbour told SomersetLive: "I knew them by sight but I didn't know their names, my dog used to really like the lady."

A statement by Avon and Somerset Police said: "Two men, aged 34 and 67, were arrested on suspicion of murder on Sunday.

"Magistrates today granted an extension to the custody time limit in relation to a 34-year-old man while the 67-year-old man has been released under investigation to allow further enquiries to take place.

"Cordons remain at two properties on Dragon Rise as officers continue to examine them."

Because police officers had previously been in contact with the individuals involved in the incident, the police force has said a voluntary referral will be made to the Independent Office for Police Conduct

A 67-year-old man was also arrested but was later released under investigation.

  • Murder

Source: Read Full Article