Canadian police urges public to stay home

Canada mass stabbing leaves 10 dead and at least 15 injured

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

On Sunday, the police found the body of one of two brothers suspected of a mass stabbing attack that left 10 people dead and 18 injured in the province of Saskatchewan. An officer said Damien Sanderson, 31, had injuries that did not appear self-inflicted – but gave no details.

He was found at the James Smith Cree Nation, the indigenous community where most of the victims lived.

Sanderson’s brother Myles is at large and dangerous, police say.

The stabbing spree rocked the usually peaceful province, with police investigating 13 different crime scenes.

CBC News in Canada reported a heavy police presence on the indigenous reserve, about 320 km (200 miles) south of the provincial capital of Regina, as the manhunt for the suspect entered its third day.

However, later, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) said investigators had determined that the suspect, Myles Sanderson, 30, was “not located in the community” of the reserve and that authorities were continuing to search for him.

Hundreds of police officers began an extensive manhunt for suspects Sanderson and his brother Damien Sanderson, 31, after the stabbings.

On Monday police said Damien Sanderson’s body had been found “in a heavily grassed area in proximity to a house that was being examined”.

His injuries were “not believed to be self-inflicted at this point”, police Assistant Commissioner Rhonda Blackmore told reporters.

His 30-year-old brother might also have sustained injuries and police have warned the public he might seek medical assistance.

But police did not say whether he was responsible for his brother’s death.

Myles Sanderson, who was previously known to the police, is described as having an “extensive and lengthy criminal record” dating back a number of years.

On Monday evening, chief Bobby Cameron of the Federation of Sovereign Indigenous Nations, which represents all 74 First Nations of Saskatchewan, urged residents to report with any information about the attacks,

DON’T MISS:
Queen praised by royal fans as she greets Truss at Balmoral
Putin ‘panicking’ as Russian forces fear Ukrainian ‘offensive’ attack
Nigel Farage gives Suella Braverman ‘a fair win’ 

He said in a statement: “Someone out there knows something.

“We beg you to come forward for the sake of the families.”

Source: Read Full Article