Boozy gran who broke legs on water slide after sneaking into pool once attacked COP after being caught drink-driving

A DRUNK gran who broke her legs sneaking into a water park with a pal was previously convicted of attacking a cop, The Sun can reveal.

Claire Vickers, 46, was left in a wheelchair after hurtling down a slide into a steel barrier at Aldershot Lido in Hampshire last month.

She and pal Barry Douglas, 44, who was also injured during the drunken antics, admitted they were "idiots".

It can now be revealed Claire was slapped with a community order in 2012 after she lashed out at a police officer.

The mum-of-five was in custody after being arrested for drink-driving when she kicked the officer on her left side causing bruising.

As a result of the attack, the female cop fell against a wall and hit her arm – leaving further bruising.

Claire had been held by cops after reversing her pal's car into a parked vehicle opposite her home in Farnham, Hants, at the time.

Prosecutor Zeltia Carrera told South West Surrey Magistrates’ Court: "The defendant became physically violent in the holding area.

“She was restrained by several police officers and after failing to calm down she was taken to a police cell. Whilst being carried she kicked out at the detention officer.”

JPs heard how Claire had accepted her "alcohol consumption is not only affecting her, but those around her – her husband and her children.”

She was handed a 12-month community order, with a six-month drug rehabilitation requirement, and also banned her from driving for six months.

The Sun revealed this week how gran Claire and Barry smashed up their legs after hitting the barrier at the end of a closed water slide.

Claire had been boozing at a local pub for four hours before she met Barry at his house for more drinks.

She then suggested they head to the lido for a quick dip and they both crawled under a fence.

As they went down the flume together, which Claire had wet using water from a foot bath, they realised a barrier was blocking the exit.


Claire’s snapped right shin pierced her skin and every bone in her left foot was broken.

The former bartender said: “I couldn’t think straight as the pain was excruciating. It was like a scene out of a horror film.

“I looked over at Barry. He was in the foetal ­position and silent. That’s when I thought we were both going to die.”

They were stuck in the flume for two hours before police found them after reports of “kids messing about”.

No police action was taken but the pair suggested they should be compensated as they face a two-year recover for their injuries.

She said: "It has changed my life completely. I was an active gran, I can't take her out for walks – she's only three, so she just keeps going: 'Nanny, can you get up and walk yet?'"

"That night I didn't plan on going out to do this, it just happened – and it has happened before to other people, so I just think something should be done about."

Barry recalled that the chains weren't locked to get up the stairs – and how he even opted to strip completely naked for the drunken adventure.

He added: "They should have security there. The fence should be secured, legal action has been taken."

Speaking from her home in Aldershot, Hants, Claire confirmed she was involved in the previous incident in 2012.

    Source: Read Full Article