A baby has survived for days by chewing on his own fingers while laying on his mum's rotting corpse.
Police visited Danielle Ward's apartment after she had not been seen for several days.
Inside they found two-month-old baby Dreseaun laying on her decomposing body, gnawing at his own fingers.
His mum, 29, had died of a drugs overdose.
The babies' grandmother, Adriane Wade, said: "On Friday 13th, her and her kids were at my house. We went to school. We had a good day. Friday the 13th was funny."
Five days later she received a call from Louisville Metro Police Department in Kentucky to go to her daughter's apartment to identify her body.
She said: "That baby that was in the apartment while she was decomposing, his hand was raw from trying to eat to survive. God is involved. It’s very miraculous. He ate his hand raw. He was in there for days without survival techniques."
"I can’t believe this is how her life ended. I can’t believe it happened this quick. Life is so short, and it happened just like that."
The two-month-old is in hospital recovering from dehydration and injuries associated to eating his hand.
He is expected to make a full recovery.
Mum who saw partner 'fall down dead' for 17 minutes describes 'worst thing I have seen'
His grandmother says she will be taking care of him and her other grandson moving forward.
Kentucky is currently enduring a drugs epidemic with 1,964 people having died from drug overdoses in 2020, a frightening 49 per cent increase from 2019.
While most of the deaths included a cocktail of drugs, the powerful painkiller Fentanyl was present in 70 per cent of cases.
It has not been revealed what Ms Ward had taken.
Source: Read Full Article