- Business Insider has rounded up five books to read if you're looking to kickstart their career as a real estate agent.
- It's never been a stranger — or more opportunistic — time to get in the business, as the coronavirus pandemic has changed all the rules and made real estate a hot asset class.
- The list includes books from industry leaders like Ryan Serhant and Gary Keller.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
For those just getting started, the world of real estate can be intimidating.
But as the industry adjusts to the implications caused by the coronavirus pandemic, agents across the board, new and seasoned, are being forced to readjust their business strategies.
While there are online classes, virtual seminars, and thousands of step-by-step YouTube videos on how to achieve industry success, sometimes the best source of information comes from books written by those who have done it themselves — like top Manhattan broker Ryan Serhant or the founder of the real estate franchise with the most agents in the US, Gary Keller.
Business Insider has rounded up the top five books to read if you're trying to kick off your career in real estate.
Keep reading for the full list.
1. "The Millionaire Real Estate Agent" by Gary Keller
From Gary Keller, the founder and chairman of the board of Keller Williams Realty International, "The Millionaire Real Estate Agent" outlines the most important concepts successful agents use to drive production.
2. "SHIFT: How Top Real Estate Agents Tackle Tough Times" by Gary Keller with Dave Jenks and Jay Papasan
Gary Keller is a repeat winner in real estate book-land.
Here, with coauthors Dave Jenks and Jay Papasan, Keller lays out his guide to handling market shifts in the ever-changing world of real estate.
3. "The Book of YES" by Kevin Ward
Emphasizing the power of building rapport with clients, Ward's "Ultimate Real Estate Agent Conversation Guide" offers some of the most powerful industry scripts new agents can use to build industry relationships.
4. "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" by Stephen R. Covey
A business bestseller, "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" offers leadership perspective and intricate concepts on how to better perform in your personal and professional lives.
5. "Sell It Like Serhant" by Ryan Serhant
From the perspective of a top New York City real estate agent who built a real estate empire from nothing, "Sell It Like Serhant" is a seller's guide on how to build success.
Source: Read Full Article